Look for our Downtown
Ambassadors, in the bright
shirts, 7 days a week
starting at 7am.
Call our Hotline:
Call our Hotline:
Clean & Safe
The Louisville Downtown Partnership (LDP) Ambassadors provide supplemental cleaning for 25 miles of sidewalks and alleys within the boundaries of our 69 block service area in the heart of Downtown Louisville. This includes, but is not limited to: weed and graffiti removal, sidewalk pressure washing and removal of an average of 2,000 pounds of litter per week.
LDP Ambassadors are on the job 7 days a week starting at 7am. They provide public safety information, maintain contact with the business owners, provide information to visitors, shoppers, workers, and residents, and report potential or actual emergencies that might require Police, Fire, or EMS resources.
LDP Ambassadors Highlights:
In accordance with our mission mission, the District expended nearly 70% of our resources on core safe, clean and hospitality operations within our Downtown Louisville boundaries.
These activities included:
- Daily cleaning of the public right of ways, removing over 120,000 pounds of litter and debris from sidewalks and alleys each year.
- Providing hospitality assistance for over 9,300 guests and visitors to Downtown.
- Abatement of over 1,573 graffiti tags and stickers, typically within 48 hours of identification, representing an increase of over 600 tags and stickers removed compared to 2018.
- Clean-up of over 115 biohazardous materials found within the District, and
- Initiated 35 requests for emergency services from Louisville Metro for individuals needing medical attention or engaging in potential illegal activities in 2019.
- In close cooperation with multiple Louisville Metro departments, the District devoted daily resources to keep the right of ways under the expressway clean of trash and debris.
- Supplemental Cleaning Services: Services not routinely provided by Louisville Metro including Downtown pressure washing, leaf removal and weed control.
- Monday-Saturday 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Sunday: 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM
- Call our Hotline 502-664-8654 to contact a team leader during service hours.
- Fax: 502-584-6009
- Stay informed by signing up for our Downtown Email Alerts
Last week, I attended the Kentucky Bar Association Convention in downtown Louisville at the Convention Center.
On Wednesday, May 11, as I made my way to the Convention Center, I had the privilege of running into George and Brittany who were diligently working to keep the great city of Louisville pristine!
George and Brittany were working hard and I appreciate their commitment to keeping downtown Louisville beautiful. They are a delight and I wanted you to know!
Keep up the good work!
Best, Alison L. G.