Looking for our Downtown Louisville Ambassadors?
LDP Ambassadors are on the job 7 days a week starting at 7am. They provide public safety information, maintain contact with the business owners, provide information to visitors, shoppers, workers, and residents, and report potential or actual emergencies that might require Police, Fire, or EMS resources.
The Louisville Downtown Partnership (LDP) Ambassadors also provide supplemental cleaning for 25 miles of sidewalks and alleys within the boundaries of our 69 block service area in the heart of Downtown Louisville. This includes, but is not limited to: weed and graffiti removal, sidewalk pressure washing and removal of an average of 2,000 pounds of litter per week.
Need Ambassadors Assistance?
Call our Hotline:
With the significant return of guests and visitors, our Ambassador program returned to a pre-pandemic focus on hospitality and safety services, adding five additional Hospitality and Safety Ambassadors in the second half of the year to provide friendly, smiling faces on the streets of Downtown during major conventions, events, and in support of our downtown attractions and businesses. This emphasis on hospitality and safety was reflected in a nearly 200% increase in 2021 Ambassador hospitality contacts compared to 2020.
Clean & Safe
- Daily cleaning of the public right of ways, removing litter and debris from sidewalks and alleys each year.
- Providing hospitality assistance for guests and visitors to Downtown.
- Abatement of graffiti tags and stickers, typically within 48 hours of identification.
- Clean-up of biohazardous materials found within the District
- Initiated requests for emergency services from Louisville Metro for individuals needing medical attention or engaging in potentially illegal activities.
- In close cooperation with multiple Louisville Metro departments, the District devoted daily resources to keep the right of ways under the expressway clean of trash and debris.
- Supplemental Cleaning Services: Services not routinely provided by Louisville Metro including Downtown pressure washing, leaf removal and weed control.
- Call our Hotline 502-664-8654 to contact a team leader during service hours.
- Fax: 502-584-6009
- Stay informed by signing up for our Downtown Email Alerts
Did you know that the Block by Block Ambassadors program began by serving our Downtown Louisville district in 1995? Bringing valuable support and customer service with personal interactions our community, the Ambassadors keep our streets clean and help people feel welcome and safe in our downtown districts.
Join the Louisville Downtown Partnership Ambassador team through Block By Block at https://www.blockbyblock.com/
Read Our Ambassador Testimonials
Removing over 120,000 pounds of litter and debris from sidewalks and alleys each year. Providing hospitality assistance for over 9,300 guests and visitors Downtown. Abatement of over 1,573 graffiti tags and stickers. Clean-up of over 115 biohazardous materials. Initiated 35 requests for emergency services. Pressure washing, leaf removal, and weed control.
Many thanks to our Ambassadors for all they do!