Date(s) In Effect: August 4, 2020 11:00 amThis traffic alert has expired.
DOWNTOWN STREET CLOSURE
BEGINS AUGUST 4th, 2020
There is a water main break at 2nd and Market.
***Second Street Northbound is completely closed between Jefferson and Market and narrows significantly in the mid block.***
Tuesday, August 4th, 2020
- The break took place shortly before noon at the corner of South 2nd Street and West Market Street.
- A spokesperson for the Louisville Water Company has confirmed workers are on site and that the area has a broken water main.
- It’s not clear how long it will take to repair the water main.
- The 12-inch water main break was reported near the intersection of Second and Market streets.
- The Louisville Water Company said crews were able to gain control of the break around 12:45 p.m. Tuesday.
- Businesses in the area are without water. LWC is working to restore water service.
- Drivers in the area are being asked to use caution.