(from 7:30am - 10:30am)
Date(s) In Effect: March 21, 2020 7:30 am - March 21, 2020 10:30 amThis traffic alert has expired.
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
DOWNTOWN EVENT CLOSURE
March 21, 2020 | 7:30am – 10:30am
On March 21, 2020, the Chick-Fil-A City Run 10K will take place in Downtown Louisville. As the second leg of the Louisville Triple Crown of Running, the 10K City Run continues the 37th year of the running race series. Over 5,000 local residents and visitors will take to the streets of Downtown Louisville to complete the 6.2-mile run/walk.
The race will begin at 8:00 am on Saturday, March 21 on Jefferson St. and 5th St. (just east of City Hall). The route will run three blocks west to 8th St., then take 8th St. up to Washington St. which later turns into River Rd. (below I-64). Participants will continue down Witherspoon/River Rd. past the Great Lawn and Big Four Bridge before turning right onto Frankfort Ave. They will then turn towards downtown on Story Ave for just a few blocks before turning left onto Spring St. The final miles take participants down Lexington Road and Liberty St. to finish just outside of Fourth Street Live! on Liberty. Roads along the route will begin closing at 7:30 am and will be opened as the last participants cross each respective intersection. For those earlier in the route, this means streets will be closed for less than 90 minutes. For those along the last miles of the race, streets will reopen between 9:30 am and 10:30 am. The start and finish blocks will close earlier in the morning, but only minimal blocks. Cross traffic will be allowed to cross the route at certain intersections staffed by Louisville Metro Police Department officers.
We hope this notice provides the opportunity to plan ahead. This race not only provides a great health and fitness outlet for the Louisville community, it also benefits the WHAS Crusade for Children. The Chick-fil-A Louisville Triple Crown of Running has contributed over $1.8 million to the WHAS Crusade for Children to help improve the lives of special needs children. If you are home and find yourself free that morning, we’d love for you to come out and cheer on the participants as they pass by. If you have any further questions, please email email@example.com or call (502)551-3738. Also, I encourage you to visit our website (www.cityrun10k.com) for more information about the race.
- START: WB Jefferson St. just East of 5th St.
- Head West on Jefferson St. towards S. 8th St.
- Turn right heading North on 8th St. towards W. Washington St.
- Turn right heading East on W. Washington St.
- W. Washington St. turns into River Rd.
- Continue East on River Rd. towards E. Witherspoon St.
- Turn left heading East on E. Witherspoon St.
- Turn left heading North on River Rd.
- Follow River Rd. Northeast towards Frankfort Ave.
- Turn right heading South on Frankfort Ave.
- Turn right heading West on Story Ave.
- Turn left heading South on N. Spring St. towards Lexington Rd.
- Turn right heading West on Lexington Rd.
- Stay to the right and continue West on E. Liberty St.
- Continue West on Liberty St. towards finish line
- FINISH:WB Liberty St. just west of S. 3rd St.
VISIT CITYRUN10K.COM FOR FULL COURSE MAP