ROAD CLOSURES THURSDAY 4/20 FROM 9:30 AM, WILL REOPEN SUNDAY 4/23 AT 2PM
Dates In Effect: April 20, 2017 9:30 am - April 23, 2017 2:00 am
2017 THUNDER OVER LOUISVILLE
DOWNTOWN AND INTERSTATE ROAD CLOSURES
THURSDAY, APRIL 20 – SUNDAY, APRIL 23, 2017
Clark Memorial Bridge (Second Street) to close Thursday, April 20th at 9:30 a.m.
Multiple streets will be closed from 10 a.m. on Friday, April 21st through 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 23rd.
SATURDAY, APRIL 22, 2017
Air Show starts at 2:30 p.m.
Fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
Clark Memorial Bridge (Second Street Bridge) will be closed at the following dates and times:
- Thursday, April 20th, 2017 9:30 a.m. to Midnight
- Friday, April 21st, 2017 All day
- Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 All day
- Sunday, April 23rd, 2017 Midnight to 2:00 p.m.
- If necessary, the southbound, most western lane of the bridge, will be used as a contingency exit/fire lane.
FRIDAY, APRIL 21 – SUNDAY, APRIL 23, 2017
Several Streets will be closed from 10am on Friday April 21st through Sunday April 23 until 2pm for 2017 THUNDER OVER LOUISVILLE
Air Show starts at 2:30pm
Fireworks at 9:30pm
The following streets will be closed on Friday, April 21st, 2017 at 10:00 a.m. until Sunday, April 23rd, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.:
- River Road from Bingham Way to Sixth Street
- Bingham Way west from (Joes Crab Shack) Witherspoon Street to River Road
The following streets will be closed on Friday, April 21st, 2017 at 1:00 p.m. until Sunday, April 23rd, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.:
- Witherspoon Street from Preston Street to Brook Street
- Floyd & Washington North closed (*Only open to residents)
- East River Road from Preston Street to Witherspoon Street
The following streets will be closed on Friday April 21st, 2017 at midnight until Sunday, April 23rd, 2017 at 9:00 a.m.:
- Ramp from westbound Interstate 64 to Third Street (*Cannot turn east or west on River Road)
- Ramp from Second Street to eastbound Interstate 64
The following streets will be closed/local access on Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. until Sunday, April 23rd, 2017 at 1:00 a.m. (Local traffic and pass traffic will be allowed provided there are no pedestrian safety issues. Residents and businesses within the closure area will need to contact LMPD Community Services at 574-7565 for passes):
- River Road from Witherspoon West to Preston
- Frankfort Avenue from River Road to Story Ave. (Local and Vehicle Impound Lot Traffic Only)
- Witherspoon Street from Brook Street to Second Street
- Witherspoon Street from Preston Street to Adams
- Washington Street from First Street to Second Street
- Preston Street from Main Street to Witherspoon Street
- Floyd Street from Main Street to Witherspoon Street
- Brook Street from Main Street to Witherspoon Street
- First Street from Main Street to Witherspoon Street
- Second Street from Main Street to River Road
- Third Street from Main Street to River Road (Access will be allowed to parking garages)
The following street will be reversed on Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 at 9:00 p.m. until Sunday, April 23rd, 2017 at 1:00 a.m.:
Market Street will be reversed from eastbound traffic to westbound traffic from 6th street to 10th street. This will allow for more efficient access to the 9th street interstate on-ramps from the garages.
The following ramp will be closed on Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 from 6:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. :
- Ramp from Muhammad Ali Blvd. to Interstate 65 northbound-to allow for an emergency 1st responder clean route.
The following Interstates will be closed on Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 from 9:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.:
- Interstate 65 northbound from Interstate 264 (Watterson Expressway) to Interstate 64
- Interstate 65 southbound from Interstate 265 (Indiana) to Interstate 64
- Interstate 64 westbound from Interstate 264 (Watterson Expressway) to 22nd Street
- Interstate 64 eastbound from Interstate 264 (Shawnee Expressway) to Interstate 65
- Interstate 71 southbound from Interstate 264 (Watterson Expressway) to Interstate 65
TARC Increasing Service for Thunder Over Louisville:
Detours – Routes #71 – New Albany, Louisville Jeffersonville and #72 – Clarksville
The Clark Memorial Bridge will be closed to traffic Thurs., Apr. 20, 9:30a – midnight; Fri., Apr. 21 and Sat., Apr. 22, all day; Sun., Apr. 23, midnight to 2p.
Note: I-65 bridges (Lincoln and Kennedy) are expected to close at approximately 8 p.m. on Sat., April 22. After which, Routes #71 and #72 will no longer provide service to Louisville. However, service will continue for customers on the Indiana side.
When the bridge is closed, buses will use the following detour:
Routes #71 eastbound and #72 northbound: From Liberty, I-65 N to Court Ave. exit, right on Court to regular route.
Route #71 westbound: From Court Ave. right on Spring St., left on 10th St., I-65 S to Jefferson Street exit and regular route.
Route # 72 southbound: From Spring St., left on Court Ave, left on Wall St., left on 8th St., right on Spring St., left on 10th St., to I-65 S, Jefferson St. exit to regular route.
Boarding on Market, near Floyd
#15 – Market Street (to La Grange Road)
#19 – Muhammad Ali (to Oxmoor and Lyndon)
#31 – Middletown
Boarding on Liberty, near Floyd
#17 – Bardstown Road (to Fern Creek and Sebree)
#21 – Chestnut (to Bashford Avenue)
#23 – Broadway (to Jeffersontown and Breckenridge Plaza)
#40 – Taylorsville Road
#25 – Oak-Westport Crosstown
Boarding on Main west of 9th
#15 – Market Street (to Shawnee Park)
#18 – Preston (to Valley Station)
#19 – Muhammad Ali (to Park Duvall and Rockford Lane)
#21 – Chestnut (to Shawnee Park)
#23 – Broadway (to Shawnee Park)
#43 – Portland/Poplar Level (to 32nd & Portland Loop)
Boarding on 6th near Chestnut
#4 – Fourth Street (to Iroquois Park and Southland Park)
#6 – Sixth Street (via Central to Auburndale)
#63 – Crums Lane (to West Pages Lane)
Boarding on 1st at Muhammad Ali
#2 – Second Street (to Airport and UPS)
#18 – Preston (to Okolona – Outer Loop Plaza)
#43 – Portland/Poplar Level (to Fern Creek
Easy trip planning, maps and schedules are available at www.ridetarc.org, the ‘Transit App’ (free download) or Google Maps. TARC customer service can be reached at 502-585-1234; TTY 502-213-3240.
Only authorized emergency vehicles can use the following route from 6:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 22nd, 2017 until released by detail commander:
- Muhammad Ali Blvd. from Roy Wilkins Blvd. to Clay Street (East & West if necessary, notify radio)
- Second Street from Main Street to Jacob Street
- Northbound Second Street traffic will be diverted at Breckenridge Street
- If approved by Incident Commander for emergency: most western lane of southbound lanes of Clarksville Bridge