Description of Project
Louisville Downtown Partnership (LDP) is in the process of selecting a professional consultant or firm who will work with LDP to develop a ten-year Downtown Strategy, including development of the scope, determination of what specialties are needed, engagement of those subcontractors, crafting of the engagement process, and writing of the strategy. LDP is seeking Statements of Qualifications of this individual or firm. This project is intended to be complementary to other Louisville Metro Government and related plans, such as the Comprehensive Plan (Plan 2040), the Housing Needs Assessment, previous Downtown Development Plans, Downtown Economic Impact report, and others.
The selected Development Consultant will assist LDP in creating the Strategy scope and process, crafting elements into the work scope of the initiative. The consultant should have experience in efforts that include some or all of these elements, among others.
- Master Planning and Community Input
- Demographic and Market Conditions (residential, retail, tourism, and office)
- Evaluation of Existing Physical Conditions
- Transportation System
- Cultural/Social Conditions
- Economic Development, including Retail/Small Business
- Residential Development
- Place-making and Activity Generation
- Implementation and Maintenance
Statement of Qualifications
The proposal should include a “Statement of Qualifications.” The proposal must include sufficient information regarding qualifications and experience in planning projects. Please do not include a proposed fee with this proposal.
The proposal should include the following:
- Name, address, and brief description of organization.
- Resumes of key personnel to be assigned to this project.
- A one-page narrative as to firm’s interest and approach to the study, its particular abilities and qualifications related to this project.
- Understanding of Downtown Louisville, including its relationship to the rest of the Metro area and the region
- Understanding of the current issues facing Downtown, including other downtowns regionally and across the country
- Understanding of Downtown Louisville market conditions, including economic and residential
- Experience with place-making strategies for Downtown
- Development Strategy approach
- Experience in managing and overseeing similar Downtown Development Strategies
- Track record in its work in these instances successfully being implemented
- Experience in crafting effective and innovative public/private partnerships
- Experience understanding and working with Downtown Development organizations, especially development-oriented organizations
- Record of managing multi-disciplinary teams
The response should be no longer than 10 pages.
The response shall also provide the following information: name, title, address, telephone number and email address of individuals with the authority to negotiate and bind the applicant contractually, and the identity of the person who may be contacted during the period of proposal evaluation.
Type of Contract
LDP will execute a written contract for this project. All services will be billed in accordance with the terms and conditions of the written contract.
Award of Contract
If you are interested in providing the required services, please submit your Statement of Qualifications to Rebecca Fleischaker, Louisville Downtown Partnership, at email@example.com no later than 4:00 pm (EST) Friday, March 18, 2022. Each Statement of Qualifications will be reviewed for completeness and clarity according to the above criteria.
This request for qualifications does not commit LDP to pay any costs incurred by the submitting organization in the submission of their qualifications. The submitting organization is responsible for all costs associated with response to this request. All materials submitted in response to this request for information shall become the property of the LDP upon delivery.
Louisville Downtown Partnership may or may not negotiate with one or more organizations and may reserve the right to reject any and all submitted proposals.
For more information or clarification, please contact Rebecca Fleischaker, executive director, at 502-614-4125.