Maker Faire is a gathering of engineers, artists, scientists, and crafters who enjoy learning and who love sharing hobbies, experiments, and projects.
Saturday, October 21
Noon – 5pm for Family Fun
Big Kid Fun starts at 6pm
Open to the Public
4th Street Live!
A little over 5 years ago some folks started talking about having a people’s Innovative Fun Fair in Louisville, a place where everyone could come and show off innovated projects they were doing in their spare time (or at the office). A serendipitous dinner with Dale Daughtery, founder of Make magazine, leader of the Maker Movement and Louisville Native, led to the creation of a Louisville Mini Maker Faire.
The first 2 years the Faire was held in conjunction with Nulu Fest. As both events grew, the Maker Faire relocated to West Main Street’s Museum Row where we loved working with the people at the Kentucky Science Center, the Frazier, KMAC and the Sons of the American Revolution on Museum Row. Each year we were taking up more and more of Main Street, so we decided to take this Faire to 4thStreet Live!. This new partnership with 4th Street Live! has opened our options for growing the Faire. The people at 4th Street Live! love to say “Yes” and the folks at the Louisville Downtown Partnership live to knock down barriers.
Some Way Cool Things About the Faire:
· AR/VR extravaganza (new)
· Drones over the city and Drone Racing (urban drone experiences new)
· Newton’s Attic’s Spintron
· FirstBuild out in force with their products and Maker space tools (expanded)
· Big Kid Fun Added from 6pm – ? – a time with music, breweries pouring their suds and a chance for adults to go in-depth with a number of the exhibits
· Our way cool booths mostly consist of projects/things/items made by companies, individuals, and schools (actually an amalgamation of all three) that push the experience boundaries.
· Glassblowing, Aluminum Casting and much more!
• 12:00-12:30: Maker Faire Welcome Ceremony
• 2:30 pm Introvert
• 4:00 pm Dirt One
• 6:30 pm Atomo
• 7:30 pm Planetary Overdrive
• 9:00 pm Brenda
• 9:45-10:00 Maker Faire Closing Ceremony
We want to express our gratitude to our Sponsors and Volunteers!
FirstBuild, Code Louisville, KCD, USA Image, Collegiate, Giddy, 4th Street Live!, Louisville Public Media, Make, and Kale & Flax
Find the full event calendar hereEvent Calendar
You Might Also Like
A new night market is opening in Downtown Louisville!Read More
Voice & Vision: Presented by Spalding's School of Writing, The Louisville Review, & 21c Museum Hotel LouisvilleRead More
New Artist of the Year Justin Moore recently released his newest single, “You Look Like I Need a Drink” at 4th Street Live!Read More
GRAMMY award-winning duo for KING & COUNTRY: A Drummer Boy Christmas TourRead More
#NBADraft PARTY at Bearno's by the Bridge next to the KFC Yum! CenterRead More
KMAC Poetry Slam will be held on Saturday, July 31st at 6pm at Repurposed, located at 615 W Main St.Read More