The 6th Annual El Día de Muertos – Day of the Dead Louisville Presented by El Jimador will take place on Friday, Nov. 3rd on South Fourth Street.
The 6th Annual El Día de Muertos – Day of the Dead Louisville Presented by El Jimador Celebration on South Fourth Street will take place on Friday, Nov. 3rd from 6:00 PM – 10:00 PM near East Chestnut Street. The annual Day of the Dead celebration is presented by El Jimador Tequila and will take place in conjunction with the Republic Bank First Friday Hop. New this year is FREE parking provided by Fourth Street Live! which is also the location of the official After Party.
Coloring group and coloring contest at Cellar Door then hang up your work in the public altar and gallery!
Featuring Mexican Beer Wine and el Jimador Tequila cocktails! Join us for the Dia de los Muertos toast at 8pm and 10pm!
Fun starts at 6pm and goes through 10:00 p.m. Then over to 4th Street live for the free concert and toast!
– 5:00 – Street Gallery, Public Altars and Vendor Alley opens
– 5:30 – Children’s coloring contest with Republic Bank First Friday Hop
– 5:30 – Free children’s Calavera face painting with LALs, University of Louisville’s Latin American and Latino Studies, Kentucky College of Art and Design and UofL Hispanic/Latino Initiatives
– 5:30 to 7pm – Literary Calaveritas, basically improv and limericks, you make up a funny obituary about someone who is not yet dead. There will also be Sugar Skull decoration and Day of the Dead decorations and altars with Craft Gallery & Mercantile, Regalo Gifts, Gifthorse, Block Party Handmade Boutique, The Mysterious Rack Kentucky and more
– 5:45 – Chocolate Caliente Mexicano at Cellar Door Chocolates
– 5:45 – Costume photo booth with Design Web
– 6:00 – México Lindo Children Folkloric Dancers
– 7:00 – Camino Flamenco Dancers
– 7:30 – Calavera Catrina face painting and Henna
– 8:00 – Father David Sánchez of St. Joseph Catholic Church – Louisville KY to bless the street and public altars and lead a candle lit procession
– 8:15 – Appalatin
– 9:15 – Salsa Rhythms
– CirqueLouis and fire dancers will be on the street performing throughout the night.
After party will take place at Fourth Street Live!
About the Event on First Friday:
The Facebook page:
Latin Film Festival:
The 24th “Reel” Latin American Film Festival– University of Louisville
RSVP on Facebook:
Day of the Dead Louisville Presented by el Jimador – South 4th Street
Day of the Dead Louisville – South 4th Street
Día de los Muertos se celebrará en Louisville