The biggest day of local giving returns on Thursday, September 12 when the Community Foundation of Louisville's Give For Good Louisville takes over our community....
Start Date: Sep 12th, 2019
Ages: All Ages
Additional Date Details: September 12, 2019 12:00 am
The biggest day of local giving returns on Thursday, September 12 when the Community Foundation of Louisville’s Give For Good Louisville takes over our community.
This year nonprofits need your support more than ever! During this special 24-hour online giving day the Foundation encourages you to give generously to one or more of the 500+ participating nonprofits that make our community a great place to live, work, and play.
Be a part of this force for good and #GiveForGoodLou on September 12 between midnight and 11:59 PM at www.giveforgoodlouisville.org.
Q. What is Give For Good Louisville ?
Hosted by the Community Foundation of Louisville, Give For Good Louisville is our community’s biggest day of local giving! For 24-hours, our community comes together with gifts big and small to give back to the nonprofits which are helping change the world around us. The Community Foundation invites everyone to tap into their potential to be a force for good when this year’s giving day returns on September 12, 2019!
Q. Why should I give through Give For Good Louisville as opposed to giving directly to the agency?
- SPOTLIGHT ON NONPROFITS – Each year, the Community Foundation pulls their resources to spotlight and raise awareness for the local nonprofit sector. By coming together as one community, we are able to leverage our resources to promote the good work of our community’s nonprofits.
- SUPPORT – Give For Good Louisville exists to support, equip, and serve the local nonprofit community by providing trainings, fundraising tools, best practices, and other resources to help them raise money. Our goal is to equip every organization with the tools they need to fulfill their important missions.
- YEAR-ROUND TOOLS – By partnering with the GiveGab platform, the Foundation is providing access to year-round online fundraising pages, which provides nonprofits with an online donation system with peer-to-peer fundraising and robust features. It also gives all nonprofits the opportunity to engage their Give For Good Louisville donors all year long with a platform that provides a great user experience that makes giving fun and easy.
- LEVERAGE – Last year, Give For Good Louisville provided over $340,000 in bonus & prize pool funds for organizations that participated in the biggest day of local giving. This money was spread among the different size participants and enabled agencies to maximize their efforts! For organizations of all sizes, prize money can be a game changer.
- COMMUNITY & FRIENDLY COMPETITION – Giving is contagious and by creating an entire event dedicated to supporting our nonprofits via social sharing, we can come together as a community and encourage our friends and family to give to the causes we love the most. According to our nonprofit survey, in 2018, 76% of respondents reported acquiring new donors through the giving day. With so many nonprofits to discover, there’s something for everyone! In fact, 32% of respondents to our donor survey reported supporting organizations for the first time through Give For Good Louisville.
Q. When is Give For Good Louisville?
Give For Good Louisville is on Thursday, September 12, 2019, from 12:00 AM – 11:59 PM.
Q. When can nonprofits register?
Nonprofit registration is open 5 AM June 3, 2019 – 5 PM July 3, 2019.
Q. How much of each donation will go to our organization?
GiveGab retains a 2% campaign management fee from all donations on the giving day. Credit Card processing fees are an additional 2.2% + $0.30 for (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express). Users also have the ability to make a gift using their ACH checking account. Donations of $100 or more are eligible for ACH transfer and will incur a $3 flat fee in addition to the 2% campaign management fee. The Community Foundation of Louisville does not receive any of these fees. 100% of all donations are tax-deductible for the donor. Donors may opt to cover the fees before finalizing their transaction. Data shows that a majority of donors (65% per GiveGab’s data) elect to do this, but this is ultimately up to the donor. All online donations will be officially receipted for tax purposes automatically through GiveGab under the name of the nonprofit receiving the funds.
Venue: Downtown Louisvillehttps://www.giveforgoodlouisville.org/
Share On Social Media:Add to Google Calendar
Find the full event calendar hereEvent Calendar
You Might Also Like
Take a trip to the river for our second annual First Mate's Market! Climb aboard the historic Belle for a dockside shopping event featuring vendor booths...Read More
Back by popular demand, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kentuckiana (RMHCK) is raffling five Pappy bottles packaged as a flight....Read More
Please join us for our next Louisville Downtown Residents Association (LDRA) Social next Wednesday August 3rd @ 5:30pm at Melba’s Culinary Canvas...Read More
The One Love Louisville Ambassador Institute is a free, in-person training scheduled for August 20th, 2022....Read More
Deep Mud brings their dirty blues rock to Downtown Louisville from 7-10. No cover. ...Read More
Morril is one of the fastest-rising stand-up comics in New York City and one of the best joke writers in the scene today....Read More