The biggest day of local giving returns on Thursday, September 12 when the Community Foundation of Louisville's Give For Good Louisville takes over our community.
Venue: Downtown Louisville
Date Details: September 12, 2019 12:00 am
Start Date: Sep 12th, 2019
Ages: All Ages
The biggest day of local giving returns on Thursday, September 12 when the Community Foundation of Louisville’s Give For Good Louisville takes over our community.
This year nonprofits need your support more than ever! During this special 24-hour online giving day the Foundation encourages you to give generously to one or more of the 500+ participating nonprofits that make our community a great place to live, work, and play.
Be a part of this force for good and #GiveForGoodLou on September 12 between midnight and 11:59 PM at www.giveforgoodlouisville.org.
Q. What is Give For Good Louisville ?
Hosted by the Community Foundation of Louisville, Give For Good Louisville is our community’s biggest day of local giving! For 24-hours, our community comes together with gifts big and small to give back to the nonprofits which are helping change the world around us. The Community Foundation invites everyone to tap into their potential to be a force for good when this year’s giving day returns on September 12, 2019!
Q. Why should I give through Give For Good Louisville as opposed to giving directly to the agency?
- SPOTLIGHT ON NONPROFITS – Each year, the Community Foundation pulls their resources to spotlight and raise awareness for the local nonprofit sector. By coming together as one community, we are able to leverage our resources to promote the good work of our community’s nonprofits.
- SUPPORT – Give For Good Louisville exists to support, equip, and serve the local nonprofit community by providing trainings, fundraising tools, best practices, and other resources to help them raise money. Our goal is to equip every organization with the tools they need to fulfill their important missions.
- YEAR-ROUND TOOLS – By partnering with the GiveGab platform, the Foundation is providing access to year-round online fundraising pages, which provides nonprofits with an online donation system with peer-to-peer fundraising and robust features. It also gives all nonprofits the opportunity to engage their Give For Good Louisville donors all year long with a platform that provides a great user experience that makes giving fun and easy.
- LEVERAGE – Last year, Give For Good Louisville provided over $340,000 in bonus & prize pool funds for organizations that participated in the biggest day of local giving. This money was spread among the different size participants and enabled agencies to maximize their efforts! For organizations of all sizes, prize money can be a game changer.
- COMMUNITY & FRIENDLY COMPETITION – Giving is contagious and by creating an entire event dedicated to supporting our nonprofits via social sharing, we can come together as a community and encourage our friends and family to give to the causes we love the most. According to our nonprofit survey, in 2018, 76% of respondents reported acquiring new donors through the giving day. With so many nonprofits to discover, there’s something for everyone! In fact, 32% of respondents to our donor survey reported supporting organizations for the first time through Give For Good Louisville.
Q. When is Give For Good Louisville?
Give For Good Louisville is on Thursday, September 12, 2019, from 12:00 AM – 11:59 PM.
Q. When can nonprofits register?
Nonprofit registration is open 5 AM June 3, 2019 – 5 PM July 3, 2019.
Q. How much of each donation will go to our organization?
GiveGab retains a 2% campaign management fee from all donations on the giving day. Credit Card processing fees are an additional 2.2% + $0.30 for (MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express). Users also have the ability to make a gift using their ACH checking account. Donations of $100 or more are eligible for ACH transfer and will incur a $3 flat fee in addition to the 2% campaign management fee. The Community Foundation of Louisville does not receive any of these fees. 100% of all donations are tax-deductible for the donor. Donors may opt to cover the fees before finalizing their transaction. Data shows that a majority of donors (65% per GiveGab’s data) elect to do this, but this is ultimately up to the donor. All online donations will be officially receipted for tax purposes automatically through GiveGab under the name of the nonprofit receiving the funds.https://www.giveforgoodlouisville.org/
Find the full event calendar hereEvent Calendar
You Might Also Like
Waterfront Park is excited to host a special happy hour in celebration of Give for Good, featuring beats, beer, BBQJoin us for a special Waterfront Park Give For Good Happy Hour on Friday, September 17th!Read More
This event has been cancelled - The 2021 Imagine Mural Festival will bring together collaborative teams of interdisciplinary artists to create multimedia art installations in the downtown Louisville blocks adjacent to the Muhammad Ali Center.Read More
Come celebrate the launch of StageOnes 75th Anniversary of Plays! Well have performances, a dj, free wine, beer, appetizers from Sweet Peaches Catering, and special gifts for Family Pass Members.Read More