Check out all the ways to get your Derby celebration started complete with locally made fancy hats.
Venue: Downtown Louisville
Start Date: Apr 13th, 2019
End Date: May 6th, 2019
Check out all the ways to get your Derby celebration started complete with fancy hats from our neighbor The Mysterious Rack Kentucky on South 4th Street.
Photo credit Geoff Crowe, artist featured at Regalo Gifts and Gallery on South 4th Street.
- HORSEPOWER – A TOUR OF HORSE ART ON DOWNTOWN LOUISVILLE – April 5th Republic Bank First Friday Hop – Feature event starts at Craft Gallery & Mercantile.
- THE FILLIES DERBY BALL PRESENTED BY TOTAL WINE & MORE. April 6th – Cocktails 6:30 PM. Queen’s Coronation 7:30 PM. Dinner 8 PM. Dancing and Lounge opens 9 PM – Midnight. Louisville Marriott Downtown
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL “TASTE OF DERBY FESTIVAL®”. April 9th – 5:30 PM – 8 PM. Louisville Slugger Field
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL THEY’RE OFF!® LUNCHEON. April 12 – 11:30 AM. Galt House Hotel East, Grand Ballroom
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL OPENING CEREMONIES: THUNDER OVER LOUISVILLE ®. April 13th FoodFest and Ford’s Thunder On the Ground open at 11:00 AM, Airshow at 3:00 PM, Fireworks at 9:30 PM. Downtown Louisville with our favorite spots to watch the show from The Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts, Kentucky Science Center, and the Louisville Waterfront Park Great Lawn
- GIVE A DAY: MAYOR’S WEEK OF SERVICE. – Saturday, April 13 – Saturday, April 20
- KING SOUTHERN BANK KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL BOURBONVILLE®. – April 18 6:00 PM. Louisville Palace
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL FLAVORS OF FEST-A-VILLE. April 25 11 AM – 1 PM. Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville on the Waterfront
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL HEALTH FAIR PRESENTED BY WELLCARE HEALTH PLANS. April 25 4 PM – 8 PM. Fourth Street Live! Entertainment District
- BB&T Kentucky Derby Festival Great Balloon Glimmer. Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville on the Waterfront. April 25: 8:30 PM. We will be live streaming this event, so plan to tune in if you can’t join us!
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL NEIGH-MASTE ON THE WATERFRONT. 12 PM – 1 PM April 26
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL OHIO VALLEY WRESTLING RUN FOR THE ROPES. 6 PM – 7:30 PM April 26
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL CHOW WAGON KICKBALL SHOWDOWN. April 26
- Humana KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL miniMARATHON/MARATHON®. Saturday, April 27 http://1vx6gf3wrb02yp8j72a1u941-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/files/2019/03/2019Marathon-Course_NC_JPG-version.jpg
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL NPC DERBY CHAMPIONSHIPS. Prejudging 10 AM. Finals 6 PM. April 27 Kentucky International Convention Center
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL DA’VILLE CLASSIC DRUM LINE SHOWCASE. 5 PM. The Louisville Palace. April 27
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL FITNESS JAM. 5 PM – 7 PM. Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville on the Waterfront April 27
- WATERFRONT JAM SATURDAY CONCERT. 9 PM. Kroger’s Fest-a-Ville on the Waterfront April 27
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL YMCA HEALTHY KIDS DAY® PRESENTED BY Norton Children’s Hospital 1 – 4 PM. April 28
- PNC KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL TOUR de LOU https://discover.kdf.org/tour-de-lou/
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL STEAMBOAT RACE TRIAL PRESENTED BY TRILOGY HEALTH SERVICES. 2 PM Boarding. 3 PM – 5 PM April 29
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL HAPPYTAIL HOUR. 5 PM – 9 PM. April 29
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL PEGASUS® PARADE PREVIEW PARTY. Private group tours 10 AM – 1 PM. Open to Public 5 PM – 9 PM. Kentucky Exposition Center, South Wing
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL Louisville City FC GAME. 7 PM. Slugger Field.
- KENTUCKY PROUD KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL WINEFEST. Wine tasting sessions daily 5 PM – 9 PM. Belvedere at the Galt House Hotel – Wednesday, May 1
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL GREAT STEAMBOAT RACE PRESENTED BY Ibew Local 369 Union Hall 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM boarding. 5:45 PM departure. Race begins at 6 PM.
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL LOUISVILLE URBAN LEAGUE DERBY GALA. Doors open at 7 PM. Louisville Marriott Downtown.
- Republic Bank KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL PEGASUS® PARADE. 5 PM. West on Broadway from Campbell to 9th Street.KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL THE TRIFECTA DERBY EVE CHARITY GALA. 7 PM. YUM! Center May 3
- MY POSSE IN EFFECT – A TRIBUTE TO THE BEASTIE BOYS AT WATERFRONT JAM. 9 PM. Waterfront May 3
- KENTUCKY DERBY FESTIVAL CHOW WAGON® Open Daily 11 AM – 11 PM, except Sunday 12 PM – 10 PM. Thursday, April 25 – Friday, May 3
- KROGER’S FEST-A-VILLE ON THE WATERFRONT. Open Daily 11 AM – 11 PM, except Sunday 12 PM – 10 PM. Thursday, April 25 – Friday, May 3
Find the full event calendar hereEvent Calendar
You Might Also Like
Take a Hull-o-ween Family Cruise sightseeing cruise on the Mary M. Miller, a musical sunset tour on the Belle of Louisville or a dinner cruise Thursday through Sunday most nights.Read More
Waterfront Park is excited to host a special happy hour in celebration of Give for Good, featuring beats, beer, BBQJoin us for a special Waterfront Park Give For Good Happy Hour on Friday, September 17th!Read More
This event has been cancelled - The 2021 Imagine Mural Festival will bring together collaborative teams of interdisciplinary artists to create multimedia art installations in the downtown Louisville blocks adjacent to the Muhammad Ali Center.Read More
Come celebrate the launch of StageOnes 75th Anniversary of Plays! Well have performances, a dj, free wine, beer, appetizers from Sweet Peaches Catering, and special gifts for Family Pass Members.Read More